Things you need to know upon joining!

Post by Briceson_Davis on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Briceson_Davis
Admin

View user profile http://westlosgz.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

A gang in Santa Maria?

Post by Briceson_Davis on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 am

Our roleplay location is very controversial around the server. Sometimes you'll hear bullshit from people regarding where we RP. Please, do not buy into the bullshit. I did endless research on West LA prior to opening this faction. Fun fact, I began working on this faction back in December of 2017. Yes, 2017. And ever since then I've been pulling information from multiple different sources. If you or anyone else is ever concerned on the location matter come speak with me.

Comparing real life LA to Los Santos:

Here is my whole opinion on Los Angeles and Los Santos comparions. It's very well acceptable but to an extent. You must understand, not even Rockstar themselves mirrored Los Angeles to the exact when it came to GTA San Andreas. There's no need to stress yourself to do it if they didn't. Los Angeles has a population capacity of 4 million (4,000,000). GTA SA's Los Santos is nowhere near that size. This isn't GTA V. We're way too limited to even attempt at making an exact reflection of LA.

Well, when is it acceptable and when is it not? The Los Santos of LS-RP is a place of it's own. It has it's own government, police departments, citizenship, businesses, franchises, etc. It is not, and I repeat it is not Los Angeles. You have the chance to make what you want out of it. If you're wanting to portray an area as it is in real life then that is fine. Do whatever you please. Keyword there... you. But once you begin dictating to other players on what they can and cannot do based on what you've learned, then it's unacceptable. Always keep in mind that those type of decisions are self-centered. That means either you're doing it yourself or you have some sort of faction doing it along with you. A community effort to roleplay Los Santos as Los Angeles does not exist.

West LA Gangs

Even though West Los Angeles is kept uptight, gangs still find their way in the area. Funny thing is, it's pretty similar in GTA SA. West Los Santos looks pretty suburb-ish. It only makes sense. So with that being a fact, yes our RP does somewhat match up with real West LA gangs.

I'm going to quote a piece from this article. http://articles.latimes.com/1987-11-16/local/me-14241_1_street-gang

The article is about the real life Playboy Gangster Crips, it quotes, "Besides its proximity to Beverly Hills, the district is even closer to the pricey Beverlywood neighborhood, where, just one block west of Robertson, homes regularly sell for $500,000. Moreover, local real estate agents say the problem area is so concentrated in Cadillac-Corning that houses can go for an additional $100,000 just a block away to the north and south."

Our faction thread takes a lot from this article. I suggest you to read the entire article when you have the chance. Anyways, as you can see the homes are pretty high priced. Gang neighborhoods do not have to be all broke down and rubbish. So, if you ever find yourself in an argument with someone regarding our RP location just say we did our research. You don't have to go out your way to prove anything to anyone.
Briceson_Davis
Admin

View user profile http://westlosgz.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down